The Loveland Valentine ReMailing Program
Loveland is perhaps best known worldwide as the home of the “Valentine ReMailing Program”. Every year, more than a hundred thousand Valentines are packaged inside larger envelopes and sent to Loveland, where volunteers hand-stamp them with a Valentine’s verse and send them on to the intended recipients. Each year a contest is held by the Chamber of Commerce and promoted through through the local newspaper, the Reporter Herald, for residents to submit their designs and verses.
A winning verse and design are chosen from all the competition entries and the two are combined to form the ‘Official Chamber of Commerce Loveland Valentine’.
Leading up to Valentine’s Day, the city authorizes the placement of red hearts with sponsored personal messages on light poles and other fixtures of the downtown streets.
The Loveland Chamber of Commerce and Loveland Post Office sponsor the Loveland Valentine Remailing Program. The Chamber & Visitor’s Center, located at 5400 Stone Creek Circle is the venue. At 9 a.m. approximately 60 volunteers gather to stamp a special message from the Sweetheart City on valentine cards sent to Loveland from all 50 states and more than 120 countries in 2014.
During the remailing program, the Chamber & Visitors Center becomes an official US Postal Service Sub-Station known as ““The Valentine Station” with a Postmaster in residence for the duration of the remailing program.
How to Remail From Loveland – the ‘traditional’ way:
If you would like to have your valentine card stamped with the official Loveland Colorado cachet and stamp, please mail your pre-stamped, pre-addressed envelopes (envelopes should each have 49-cent postage; postcards should have appropriate postage), add extra stamps/postage for heavier/odd shaped valentines, mail in a large stamped envelope to the Loveland Remailing program at this address:
Attn: Valentine Re-mailing
446 E. 29th St.
Loveland, CO 80538-9998
Updated 2019 Deadlines for delivery by Valentines Day, Feb. 14:
For international destinations, your cards should be in Loveland by Feb. 1st. 2019.
For within U.S. and outside of Colorado, cards should be in Loveland by Feb. 7th. 2019.
For within the state of Colorado (and now Wyoming), cards should be in Loveland by Feb. 9th. 2019.
You may also drop off your stamped envelope at one of the remailing boxes in any local grocery stores, where provided – these should be in-store until the 1st of Feb. King Soopers & City Markets stores have done this yearly. There is a remailing box at the Post Office on 29th St. in Loveland, and in the lobby of the Chamber of Commerce / Loveland Visitor’s Center also.
If you have any questions about sending your own Valentine’s Day cards to Loveland to have it postmarked from Loveland Colorado, please contact the Loveland Chamber of Commerce at (970) 667-6311
Mon 09:00-04:30PM Tue 09:00-04:30PM Wed 09:00-04:30PM Thu 09:00-04:30PM Fri 09:00-04:30PM Sat 09:00-12:00PM
If you have any questions buying your Official Loveland Valentine from us, please contact WithLoveFromLoveland.com:
Mon 10:00-04:30PM Tue 10:00-04:30PM Wed 10:00-04:30PM Thu 10:00-04:30PM Fri 10:00-04:30PM
How to Remail from Loveland *and* get the Official 2018 Loveland Valentine
You can buy the official Loveland Valentine from us – provide us the message and recipient’s adddress – we send your card for you:
Why not just use the existing Remailing system?
- We sell the Official Loveland Valentine’s Day cards and each card will get the same Loveland Colorado Post Office Cancellation as if you sent a card directly to the Loveland for remailing – because we hand-deliver call cards bought from us to the remailing program.
- Cards purchased from us can be bought RIGHT UP TO the deadline date.
- Save a stamp, an envelope and your valuable time – the regular remailing is a great program, run by the US Post Office and staffed by many wonderful volunteers, but you have to purchase your card early, address it, place and stamp on it and then put it in another envelope with more postage, then send the card to Loveland before it gets into the program. Buying directly from us, not only allows you the purchase of the Official Loveland Valentine but it saves you all the running around. Your card will still get stamped by the volunteers and gets stamped with the cachet and the Loveland Post Office cancellation.
- You can not buy the Loveland Valentine’s Day card outside of Loveland, Colorado so your card will be very unique and a treasure your loved one will remember year’s to come!
- Finally, our program is most likely greener because one less stamp + envelope is used!